How is learning to play a musical instrument Beneficial?
Today there are unprecedented reasons for making music a part of everyone's life. Students taking guitar lessons now will determine the place of music in Canada and the value society places on music tomorrow. Regardless of what these students ultimately choose as a profession, music making will remain a part of their lives, whether it's listening to music, attending concerts or serving as leaders in arts associations, and community and church music programs.
Benefits of Playing a Musical Instrument:
- Playing guitar stimulates the mind.
- Music instruction enhances abstract reasoning skills.
- Grade school students who took music lessons generally scored higher on cognitive development tests.
- In older people, playing guitar helps lower depression and decreases loneliness.
- Playing an instrument strengthens eye-hand coordination and fine motor skills.Music lessons teach discipline, dedication and enable students to achieve goals.